Canada is a litigious country. 1 out of every 100 Canadians starts a legal proceeding each year.
Click on the link at the bottom of this post to see what people are suing about. Some highlights:
- Roughly 70,000 claims per year in Ontario’s Superior Court and 70,000 claims per year in Ontario’s Small Claims Court.
- 140,000 claims per year in Ontario.
- 356,000 claims per year in Canada.
- 1 out of every 100 Ontarians / Canadians starts a legal proceeding each year.
- Motor vehicle accidents account for about 28.5% of all claims.
- Debt collection and mortgage enforcement accounts for about 23% of all claims.
Click on the link below for full details:
Resources by a trial lawyer, available online:
If you would like legal advice from an experienced trial lawyer:
This website and all resources are trial information, not trial legal advice.
Copyright Notice ©
The content of this website including all trial resources are © copyright. For permission to reproduce part of the website and/or trial resources please contact us. Feedback and topic suggestions are welcome. Thank you.